What to do on Waikiki Beach? The Area’s Best Kept Secrets
There is no shortage of things to do on Waikiki Beach. This glittering playground is famous for its pristine blue water, golden sands, world-class entertainment and shopping and iconic Diamond Head. But Waikiki Beach is so much more than that. Each year more than four million visitors flock to Waikiki, and inevitably wonder…now what? Keep reading as we answer the question, “what are things to do on Waikiki Beach”?
Some of the most popular things to do on Waikiki Beach are water activities. Waikiki Beach is one of the best places to swim in Hawaii, as the crescent-shaped beach and reef-protected waters offer a calm and pleasurable swimming experience. Occasionally, south shore swells arise in the summer months, so check with lifeguards before entering the water.
Things to do on Waikiki Beach: Water Edition
- Catamaran Sail
- Outrigger Canoe Ride
- Snorkel by the Sheraton Waikiki Resort
- Surfing Lesson
A catamaran sail is a favorite Waikiki water activity and is included in all our Waikiki All-Inclusive Packages. This 90-minute sail cruises past the surfers and out into open water beyond Diamond Head. Mai Tais and other alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are for sale. Another thing to do on Waikiki Beach is experience traditional Polynesian sailing on a thrilling outrigger canoe ride, or you can try your hand at surfing. There is also terrific swimming and snorkeling on Waikiki Beach.
Things to do on Waikiki Beach: Ono Grindz
If Hawaii is a foodie’s paradise, then Waikiki is the crown jewel. There are so many delicious things to eat in Waikiki, you may want to pack your stretchy pants. Favorites range from popular beachfront restaurants to tucked-away ramen joints.
Here are our top Waikiki dining recommendations:
- Duke’s Waikiki – Go on a Sunday afternoon and listen to legendary Henry Kapono perform live.
- Hau Tree – Dine under a hau tree and catch some of the best sunsets in Waikiki at this recently modernized Waikiki classic.
- Ezogiku – Hidden away on Royal Hawaiian Avenue, this Tokyo-based ramen stall offers pre-set menu specials and huge portions.
- Barefoot Beach Café- Located in Kapiolani Park this casual oceanfront café is perfect for a quick breakfast or lunch.
- The Chart House – Situated across from the Ala Wai Boat Harbor, this old-school restaurant offers fine dining and spectacular views. On Friday evenings you can reserve a table on the balcony, and you’ll have a perfect view on the Friday night fireworks!
- Tanaka of Tokyo – You haven’t had hibachi like this before! This authentic Japanese steakhouse has three Waikiki locations, and the food will leave you coming back for more. Included in all our Waikiki All-Inclusive Packages.
Things to do in Waikiki Beach: Mixed Bag
Rounding out our recommendations for things to do in Waikiki, we offer an assortment of things that may not be on everyone’s list, but we think are well worth your time.
- Grab a musubi for breakfast from the ABC Store and enjoy it on the beach. This is a great way to savor the morning solitude before Waikiki fully wakes up.
- Soak up the Hawaiian sun on Sans Souci Beach. If you prefer a more chill vibe, Sans Souci Beach is a Waikiki local’s favorite.
- Hawaiian Aroma Café – Grab a cup of freshly roasted Kona coffee in the morning or catch live music and cocktails in the evening at this trendy and centrally-located Waikiki hotspot.
- Malama Hawaii Makers Market – This pop-up market at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center happens every third Friday and showcases local and small Oahu businesses.
- Ala Wai Gondola Ride – Couldn’t decide between Italy and Hawaii? Experience a Venetian staple in Waikiki on an authentic gondola ride down the Ala Wai Canal.
There are so many things to do in Waikiki, and far too many to list, but these are a great start! Many of these suggestions are included in our Waikiki All-Inclusive Packages, and if they’re not, there is still plenty of open time to take them in.
We have amazing specials currently running on our Packages, so contact us today! Hawaii is within your reach, let us help you make your dreams come true.